This is not an election about who governs Britain. It is also not an election about how we leave the EU. This election is about who runs Worcestershire County Council. It's an opportunity to send a message that the cuts, sub-contracting out of services and inadequacy shown in the recent Ofsted report on Children’s Services by the ruling Conservative Group, should come to an end.
The last 4 years have also seen continuing uncertainty about the future of the Alex Hospital, with further services being moved to Worcester despite the poor transport links. The consultations and reviews appear never ending, but the failure of the Acute Trust to recruit enough qualified staff has further undermined the service.
We particularly deplore the idea of moving the Maternity Service, from a town which has the youngest population in Worcestershire.
The Redditch Labour Party work hard for you in dealing with and tackling local issues that concern resident’s here in Redditch.
Getting the best deals for Redditch.
Our Pledges to You
- Health: Labour will prioritise public health improvement to achieve the highest standards in health and wellbeing.
- Protecting Children's Services: Labour will ensure a fully funded youth service, and reinvest to ensure Children’s Centre Services are retained.
- Protect Adult Services: Labour will ensure that Adult Social Services will be delivered on the basis of need not on an individual’s ability to pay.
- Bus Services: Labour will support all forms of public transport. We will reintroduce free concessionary travel before 9.30am across the whole County.
- Saving Money: We will renegotiate all County Council contracts to ensure in house provision with a co-operative council.
Joe Baker - Redditch Labour Party Spokesperson