To listen to the Conservative Chancellor today just goes to show how out of touch this government is with ordinary, working people:
- Conservatives promised to eliminate the deficit by the end of this parliament – MISSED
- Larger debt in five years than Labour accrued in 13 years
- Tax breaks for millionaires
- One million people using food banks
- 59% of working people forced to claim housing benefit
- 1.4 million people on zero hour contracts
- Record number of working families living in poverty
- And more cuts to come if re-elected
George Osborne has just delivered his last budget of this Parliament yet no mention of the NHS.
Vote Labour and we can make sure it is his last budget for good and we can start to invest in the NHS.
Labour’s better plan will put working families first and save our NHS:
- Raising living standards by increasing the minimum wage to £8 an hour and 25 hours of free childcare for working parents of 3 and 4 year olds.
- Saving and transforming our NHS with a £2.5 billion a year Time to Care Fund which will pay for 20,000 more nurses, 8,000 more GPs, 5000 more homecare workers and 3000 more midwives. We will join up services from home to hospital, guarantee GP appointments within 48 hours, cancer tests within one week and fairer access to mental health services.
- Cutting business rates for 1.5 million small business properties and getting 200,000 new homes built a year.
- Balancing the books in a fair way by reversing the Tory tax cut for millionaires.
- A tax cut for 24 million working people through a lower 10p starting rate of tax.
- Guaranteeing an apprenticeship for every school leaver who gets the basic grades and cutting tuition fees to £6,000.